Show Your Support:
Sign Our Petition For More Police In Our Area
Please sign our petition asking the Labour Mayor of London to prioritise making Little Venice’s streets safe again.
We need more visible police on our streets to combat crime and anti-social behaviour.
Criminals know that police resources are so inadequate that they operate in the open.
Brazen and open drug dealing in broad daylight, stabbings of our young people, street muggings on busy streets, and regular car break-ins and burglaries are just a few of the atrocities happening locally.
Our residents feel vulnerable, unsafe and unprotected, and that is unacceptable. They have a right to be protected, the Mayor has failed them.
- Nearly half of children in London have been a victim or witness of crime.
- A survey found that 77% of children said they skipped school or changed their behaviour out of fear and lack of police presence.
- The homicides number of 13-17 year olds in London is at its highest.
- Drug use and gangs are a major factor in London and right here in Little Venice
- Children want more police! They have a right to be protected. The Mayor has failed them.
ENOUGH IS ENOUGH! We cannot stay silent while our residents suffer at the hands of criminals every day and our police and crime commissioner Sadiq Khan does or says nothing.
He needs to ACT NOW! So please sign this petition. The more signatures the louder our voice will be.
Tony Devenish, your local Conservative GLA member for West Central London, supports Cllrs Caplan & Dean’s petition:
“Crime is the number one priority for London, particularly in Little Venice.
“I am in full support of Melvyn & Lorraine’s petition to make London’s streets safer. I will be hand delivering the final signatures to the Mayor of London straight to the front door of his office.”
We Want More Police In Little Venice
We, the undersigned, support Councillor Melvyn Caplan's & Councillor Lorraine Dean's campaign calling on the Mayor of London, Sadiq Khan, for more police in our area.